Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy To Mentor People In The Beauty Industry!

I'm always very honored when people reach out to me and seek career advice via Linkedin or otherwise. It just makes me feel so happy to help out newcomers and/or people considering further education, etc. So this week, I corresponded with someone who wanted to know about pursuing a dual education/career as a 'professional esthetician' alongside her existing marketing career. Since I have professional experience myself (as a licensed esthetician & professional makeup artist) and a corporate background (in marketing & product development) and also years of experience as a beauty consumer - I've always said YES to having both sides. Yes it REALLY helps!!! It gives you an amazing advantage and point of view from all angles. So today, I just wanted to share the very kind response that I received from her - she is a lovely person and I wish her all the best in her future endeavors! :)))


Happy Monday Lisa,

I have great news! Your guidance inspired a brave addition to my everyday. I enrolled in esthetician night school. I am currently employed and am going to balance a Mon - Fri 5-10pm class to work towards my dream.

I realized that only I have control of where I take my current marketing experience and make it work in an industry I am passionate about. I look forward to the challenge!

I will keep you posted on my progress and truly appreciate your advice and encouragement.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment